From several new Blue Cross Blue Shield CEOs to a shakeup at Optum, these are 18 payer CEO moves reported by Becker's since Jan. 1:
Editor's note: This article was updated Sept. 18 and will continue to be updated.
- Blue Cross of Idaho named Paul Zurlo as the company's next president and CEO, effective in 2024.
- BCBS North Carolina named Angela Boykin as CEO of Healthy Blue, the company's Medicaid plan.
- AHIP named its general counsel, Julie Simon Miller, to serve as interim CEO.
- UnitedHealth Group named Heather Cianfrocco president of Optum; Patrick Conway, MD, as CEO of Optum Rx; and Amar Desai, MD, as CEO of Optum Health.
- CVS Health named Brian Kane as executive vice president and president of Aetna.
- Capital Health Plan named Sabin Bass as CEO.
- BCBS Nebraska named Jeff Russell as president and CEO.
- ConnectiCare, a subsidiary of EmblemHealth, named Mark Meador as its next president.
- Anthem BCBS Virginia named Monica Schmude as president in April after 13 years at Cigna.
- Centene subsidiary Meridian of Illinois has named Cristal Gary as plan president and CEO
- PacificSource Health Plans named John Espinola, MD, as president and CEO.
- Oscar Health named former Aetna CEO Mark Bertolini as the company's next chief executive in March.
- WPS Health Solutions named Wendy Perkins as its next president and CEO in March.
- SelectHealth named Rob Hitchcock as president and CEO in February.
- Clover Health's former president Andrew Toy became CEO in January.
- BCBS Massachusetts CEO Sarah Iselin assumed her new role in January.