From Anthem becoming Elevance Health to major restructuring at Humana, these are five recent payer rebrands reported by Becker's since June 1:
- UnitedHealthcare's Bind health plan is now Surest to reflect "the idea of clarity, confidence and control" members will have with their health plan. First launched in 2016, Surest plans are expected to be offered in 16 states by the end of 2022.
- Elevance Health became the new name of Anthem June 28 to represent the company's commitment to "elevating the importance of whole health and advancing health beyond healthcare for consumers." The 14 BCBS companies Elevance owns will not change names. On June 15, the company launched two new subsidiaries under the Elevance name: Carelon and Wellpoint.
- Humana is in the process of rebranding Kindred at Home to CenterWell Home Health. Once complete this year, the company will support patients from more than 350 locations in 38 states.
- Humana Pharmacy and Humana Speciality Pharmacy are now CenterWell Pharmacy and CenterWell Specialty Pharmacy. Humana Pharmacy Solution and Enclara Pharmacy will not change names.
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan will become the new name of AllWays Health Partners starting Jan. 1. The move will be supported by a value-based care model.