From BrightHealthcare and Friday Health Plans leaving major ACA markets to more than a dozen Medicare Advantage expansions, these are 26 recent payer moves to exit or enter markets:
- Humana is reportedly exiting the Colorado group insurance market after June 30, 2024, Colorado Politics reported Oct. 24. The company will continue to sell Medicare Advantage, dental and vision plans in the state.
- Aetna said Oct. 13 it is launching a new HMO plan in nine Atlanta area counties that will integrate benefits from parent company CVS Health. The plan will also pair services from the Emory Healthcare Network and Northside Hospital System.
- Elevance Health has expanded a post-acute program through its myNEXUS subsidiary to Medicare Advantage members in 15 states, CEO Gail Boudreaux said Oct. 19.
- Banner|Aetna, a Phoenix-based joint venture, said Nov. 1 it is expanding its individual and family ACA plans to 6 counties in Arizona for 2023.
- AmeriHealth Caritas said Oct. 28 it is expanding its ACA plans to Delaware, Florida and South Carolina, along with 10 additional counties in North Carolina.
- Cigna said Oct. 28 it is expanding individual ACA plans to Indiana, South Carolina and Texas for 2023.
- UnitedHealthcare said Oct. 27 it is expanding its individual and family plans on the ACA marketplaces to Kansas, Mississippi, Missouri and Ohio to reach a total of 22 states for 2023.
- Anthem BCBS Wisconsin said Oct. 17 it is expanding ACA plans from nine counties to 68 counties in 2023.
- Ambetter Health, a Centene subsidiary, said Oct. 17 it is expanding its ACA offerings to Alabama and 60 new counties in 12 states where it already offers plans.
- Friday Health Plans will not sell ACA plans on the Texas marketplace for 2023, ACAsignups.net reported Oct. 15. The company will continue to sell off-exchange plans in the state.
- Taro Health has partnered with MaineHealth to launch an ACA and off-exchange plan in Maine for 2023.
Medicare Advantage expansions:
- BCBS Illinois is expanding its Medicare Advantage offerings to 61 new counties in 2023, the payer said Oct. 18.
- Commonwealth Care Alliance said Oct. 18 will introduce a new Medicare Advantage plan in four Massachusetts counties designed for residents of senior housing facilities.
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Oklahoma will offer its Medicare Advantage plans in 30 more Oklahoma counties in 2023, the insurer said Oct. 17.
- CarePlus Health Plans, a Humana subsidiary, will expand its Medicare Advantage offerings to three more Florida counties. The insurer will also offer its CareSalute plan, designed for veterans, to 17 Florida counties, it said Oct. 17.
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas is expanding to 38 more Texas counties, the payer said Oct. 17.
- SCAN Health Plan will launch the nation's first Medicare Advantage plan designed specifically for LGBTQ older adults through a partnership with Included Health, an integrated virtual care and navigation platform. The plan will be available in Los Angeles and Riverside counties in California for 2023.
- Excellus BlueCross BlueShield will offer a Medicare Advantage plan tailored to veterans in 2023.
- Humana will launch a co-branded Medicare Advantage plan designed for veterans with military benefits provider USAA. The plan will be available in eight states for 2023.
- Humana will expand its Medicare Advantage plans to four counties in the Baltimore area for 2023.
- Humana will offer its Medicare Advantage plans in three Rhode Island counties for 2023.
- Braven Health, a Medicare Advantage provider, will be available statewide in New Jersey in 2023. The company is jointly owned by Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey and two New Jersey health systems, Edison-based Hackensack Meridian Health and West Orange-based RWJBarnabas Health.
- Priority Health and Kroger Health will launch two co-branded Medicare plans in eight Michigan counties for 2023.The plans will offer allowances to purchase nutritious food and health and wellness items at Kroger stores.
- L.A. Care, a publicly operated health plan in Los Angeles County, Calif., will offer a new Medicare Plus plan for dual-eligible beneficiaries in 2023.
- Ascension Personalized Care, the insurance arm of the St. Louis-based health system, will expand its ACA plans to Tennessee and Texas for 2023.
- CareSource is expanding its ACA plans to North Carolina for 2023.