SCAN Health Plan is launching the nation's first Medicare Advantage plan designed specifically for LGBTQ seniors through a partnership with Included Health, an integrated virtual care and navigation platform.
The plan is set to launch in California's Los Angeles and Riverside counties, according to an Oct. 13 news release.
- Care navigation services, including peer groups, community resources and advocacy
- Lower copays on specialty tier drugs, including HIV treatments and gender affirming hormone treatments
- Access to Included Health's LGBTQ-focused support team
- Virtual behavioral healthcare delivered and on-demand virtual visits for everyday and urgent care
- Companion care services to address isolation and exclusion
- Legal services reimbursement, including durable power of attorney and living will