From the CFO of its government business division to the COO of Carelon, these are nine executive departures from Elevance Health and its subsidiaries over the last year:
- Paytient, a health payment technology company, named David Smith as senior director of strategic partnerships. He previously served as regional VP of state affairs at Elevance Health.
- Community Health Plan of Washington named Demetria Malloy, MD, its chief health officer and chief medical officer. Previously, she served as regional VP and medical director/strategic physician executive at Elevance Health.
- Cambia Health Solutions named Mike Rains, former CFO of Elevance Health's government business division, as CFO.
- SelectHealth, the nonprofit insurance arm of Salt Lake City-based Intermountain Health, named Rob Hitchcock as president and CEO. Previously, he served as COO at Elevance Health's care services division, Carelon.
- Medicare Advantage company Alignment Health promoted its SVP of financial planning, Vina Fuentebella, to market CFO. Previously, she served as director of FP&A and business development at Elevance Health subsidiary Caremore Health.
- SCAN Group named Emily Cook as CEO of Welcome Health, the company's in-home primary care group serving seniors. She was previously chief operations officer for Alternate Solutions Health Network and chief clinical operations officer for CareMore and Aspire Health, which are Elevance Health subsidiaries.
- BCBS North Carolina named Marcus Wallace, MD, as chief medical officer and VP of clinical operations and innovation. He previously served as regional vice president at Elevance Health.
- Sentara Health Plans, the insurance division of Norfolk, Va.-based Sentara Healthcare, named Colin Drozdowski president. Before Sentara, he served as SVP of provider solutions at Anthem.
- Berkeley Heights, N.J.-based Summit Health appointed Amy Smith as chief people officer after serving as staff VP of human resources at Anthem in Georgia.