From major positions at Aetna to the president of CVS Caremark, these are nine top executives that have recently announced departures from CVS Health:
Editor's note: this page was updated Sept. 18 and will continue to be updated.
- CVS' former senior vice president of strategy implementation, Steven Kelmar, became executive vice president and chief of staff to Oscar Health CEO Mark Bertolini in September.
- Aetna's former chief commercial growth officer, Kerry Sain, was named executive vice president of +Oscar in September.
- CVS' former SVP and chief communications officer, Kathryn Metcalfe, left the company in August and joined New York University as a visiting professor.
- CVS' former President Of Healthcare Delivery, Amar Desai, MD, was named CEO of Optum Health in July. He joined UnitedHealth Group as executive-in-residence in April after his time at CVS, and was CEO of Optum California and Optum Pacific West before that.
- CVS' former Chief Marketing Officer, Norm de Greve, was named SVP and chief marketing officer of General Motors in July.
- CVS' former EVP, Chief Policy and External Affairs Officer, and General Counsel, Tom Moriarty, was named EVP and general counsel at grocery chain Albertsons in June.
- CVS Caremark's former President Alan Lotvin, MD, retired in April.
- Aetna's EVP and President Daniel Finke stepped down and was replaced by Brian Kane in September.
- Aetna's SVP and Chief Medical Officer, Kyu Rhee, MD, left the company earlier this year for several part-time advisory and academic positions.