Centene has moved to divest its overseas businesses and lost out on contract decisions in recent weeks.
Here are seven stories about Centene Becker's has reported since Aug. 14.
- Centene is planning to sell its Operose clinics in the U.K., its last remaining business in the country, according to a Financial Times report.
- Wellcare, Centene's Medicare Advantage business, is partnering with the American Legion on Medicare Advantage plans designed to complement benefits veterans receive through the VA.
- Centene signed an agreement to sell Circle Health Group, an operator of 53 U.K. hospitals, for $1.2 billion.
- Centene was one of 40 health insurers and health systems with health plans named to Forbes' 2023 list of Best Employers by State. Centene was among the top employers in Arizona, Missouri and Illinois.
- Centene had the lowest per-enrollee Medicare Advantage bonus payment rate among major payers in 2023, at $251 per enrollee, according to KFF.
- The Government Accountability Office rejected a challenge from Centene subsidiary Health Net over the Defense Department's decision to award the contract to manage Tricare's western region to TriWest Healthcare Alliance.
- New Mexico will not negotiate a new contract with Centene subsidiary Western Sky Community Care. The state will award Medicaid managed care contracts to Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Mexico, Presbyterian Health Plan, United Health Plan and Molina Health Plan.