Payers are planning moves to new markets in 2024.
Here are seven payers planning expansions in the Medicare, commercial and ACA markets Becker's has reported since July 25.
- Select Health and Kroger Health are launching co-branded Medicare Advantage plans across four states in 2024. The new plans will be offered in select counties in Colorado, Idaho, Nevada and Utah, and will increase access to services through Kroger's grocery and pharmacy offerings.
- Health Care Service Corp., the parent company of BCBS Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas, is expanding Medicare plans to 99 additional counties next year, pending regulatory approvals.
- Oscar Health is accepting new members in Florida after an eight-month pause on new sign-ups in the state.
- Medica is expanding to seven counties in Illinois through a collaboration with Peoria, Ill.-based OSF Healthcare.
- Curative, a startup insurer in the commercial market, is expanding to serve employers in the Dallas-Fort Worth area.
- Aetna, Inland Empire Health Plan and Health Net will expand their reach on Covered California, the state's ACA exchange, in 2023.
- Moda Health is expanding its insurance offerings to the large-group market in Idaho. The payer entered the individual and small-group market in the state in 2022.