In 2023, 18 top executives previously with UnitedHealth Group's Optum have announced retirement or new positions with companies across the country.
Editor's note: This article was updated Nov. 30 and will continue to be updated in 2023.
- Optum Insight's chief architect, Don Johnson, was named head of digital innovation at virtual mental care provider Charlie Health in November.
- Optum's SVP and OptumCare leader in Washington state, William Krenz, was named SVP of government programs at Cambia Health Solutions in October.
- Optum's VP of analytics engagement and strategy, Saurabh Bhargava, was named VP of data science at DataLink in October.
- Optum's CEO of payment integrity, Cheryl Knaught, retired in October after seven years with the company.
- Optum's CEO of behavioral health solutions, Trip Hofer, left the company in September and was named CEO of investment portfolio company, Redox.
- Optum Insight CEO Neil de Crescenzo, former CEO of Change Healthcare, left the company in September.
- Optum Ireland CEO Padraig Monaghan said in September he is retiring after more than 20 years at UnitedHealth Group and nearly eight years as CEO.
- Optum Everycare CEO Kristi Henderson, DNP, was named CEO of Confluent Health in July, a family of physical and occupational therapy companies.
- Optum's Senior Director Of Process Improvement/Program Management in its behavioral division, Jack Hallmark, was named VP of plan operations at Providence Health Plan in July.
- Optum's President and COO John Prince left the company in June and was appointed to the board of directors of MultiPlan, a healthcare analytics and revenue analysis company.
- Optum's Chief Consumer Officer Kathy Weiler became EVP and chief commercial and growth officer at telehealth company Amwell in June.
- Optum Health's SVP and Chief AI Officer Dennis Chornenky was named chief AI adviser at Sacramento, Calif.-based UC Davis Health in June.
- Optum Health's SVP of Strategy and Transformation Jessica Kral was named CIO at digital health company Modivcare in June.
- Optum Home and Community's Chief Medical Officer Michael Le, MD, joined physician-led public benefit company WelbeHealth in May.
- Optum Rx's Home Infusion Division COO Jason McCarthy, PharmD, became chief pharmacy officer at Grand Rapids and Southfield, Mich.-based Corewell Health in May.
- Optum's VP of Enterprise Data and Analytics David Frankenfield was named chief data and analytics officer at Amplify Health Asia in April.
- Optum's Chief Administrative Officer for its physician group in Ohio and Indiana, Nick Snoply, was named CAO at GuideWell subsidiary PopHealthCare in March.
- Optum's CFO of Care Solutions Elaine Birkemeyer joined in-home care technology company Tactile Medical as its new CFO in March.