From its plans to exit the Employer Group Commercial Medical Products Business to its philanthropic arm unveiling a new health equity strategy, here are eight updates about Humana that Becker's has reported since Feb. 8:
1. Humana is projecting to add at least 775,000 new Medicare Advantage members in 2023.
2. Humana will exit the Employer Group Commercial Medical Products Business over the next 18 to 24 months.
3. Humana had the fourth-highest Medicare Advantage membership growth among large payers in 2022.
4. The Humana Foundation announced grant recipients and a new advisory council as part of a new health equity strategy.
5. Humana CEO Bruce Broussard told investors the company is considering all its options in response to the elimination of the fee-for-service adjuster under CMS' new Medicare Advantage audit changes.
6. Humana had the sixth-highest revenue among large payers in 2022.
7. Humana had the fifth-highest profits among large payers in 2022.
8. Humana entered a five-year agreement with ChenMed to provide in-network services to Humana Medicare Advantage members.