The following payer executives changed their positions in November.
They are listed below, in alphabetical order.
1. Oakland, Calif.-based Kaiser Permanente's CEO, Bernard J. Tyson, died suddenly Nov. 11. Executive Vice President and Group President Greg Adams will serve as Kaiser Permanente's interim CEO and chairman.
2. CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield hired Angela Celestin as executive vice president and chief human resources officer.
3. UCare promoted Amy Christensen, BSN, RN, to vice president of clinical services.
4. Health Alliance Plan, a Michigan-based nonprofit health plan, named Laurie Doran senior vice president and CFO.
5. Peoples Health promoted Thomas Gennaro to vice president of network development.
6. The National MLTSS Health Plan Association appointed Mary Kaschak as executive director.
7. Dallas-based Tenet Healthcare selected Regina Nethery, enterprise vice president for insurance giant Humana, to serve as vice president of investor relations.
8. Peoples Health promoted Shannon Serio to vice president of internal audit and risk adjustment management.
9. Jeff Ubben was hired as vice president of compliance, regulatory affairs and special investigations at Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Dakota.
10. UnitedHealth Group appointed Sir Andrew Witty as its president.