The National Committee for Quality Assurance has recognized nine healthcare organizations, including seven payers, for their work to address care inequities.
The new accreditation program, Health Equity Accreditation Plus, recognizes organizations that partner with community groups, offer clinical and social resources, collect data on social determinants and are transparent about that data, according to a Sept. 28 news release.
Nine organizations that received the accreditation:
- Aetna Better Health of Michigan
- Geisinger Health Plan
- Health Net of California
- Hennepin Healthcare (Minneapolis)
- Molina Healthcare of California Partner Plan
- Novant Health's Coastal Communities, Greater Charlotte (N.C.) market, Greater Winston-Salem (N.C.) market
- Simply Healthcare Plans, an Elevance Health company
- UnitedHealthcare Community Plan Michigan
- UPMC For You