The Wall Street Journal released its annual CEO pay and performance ranking June 1. The publication based its list on compensation figures reported by S&P 500 companies for CEOs who served in their roles for all of 2020.
Here's what five payer CEOs made last year:
- Centene CEO Michael Neidorff: $24,956,777 (down 5.6 percent from 2019)
- CVS Health (Aetna) CEO Larry Merlo: $23,043,822 (down 37 percent from 2019)
- Cigna CEO David Cordani: $19,929,493 (up 3.2 percent from 2019)
- Anthem CEO Gail Boudreaux: $17,109,952 (up 11 percent from 2019)
- Humana CEO Bruce Broussard: $16,489,639 (down 1.4 percent from 2019)