The recently-rebranded Cigna Group is adding executives and new partnerships.
Here are seven updates about the Bloomfield, Conn.-based payer Becker's has reported since February 15.
- Cigna's Express Scripts business is one of three pharmaceutical benefit managers being sued by Ohio. The state's attorney general's office accused the PBMs of sharing pricing and other information gathered by a Swiss subsidiary to gain leverage during negotiations with drugmakers for rebates.
- Cigna and Aledade, the nation's largest network of independent primary care facilities, are partnering on value-based primary care for seniors.
- Cigna CEO David Cordani can be deposed in court as the company seeks to block a former executive from taking a role with rival CVS Health, a federal judge ruled.
- Cigna is moving forward with an updated version of a paperwork demand it paused last year amid criticism from medical groups.
- Community Healthcare System in Fresno, Calif., is back in network with Cigna and UnitedHealthcare. The four-hospital system went out of network with UnitedHealthcare, Cigna and Anthem Blue Cross at the end of 2022.
- Digital health company Transcarent tapped longtime Cigna executive Tom Richards to serve as its executive vice president of business development. Mr. Richards spent 35 years at Cigna, most recently as the payer's senior vice president and global lead of strategy and business development.
- Cigna on Feb. 13 rebranded to the Cigna Group and launched two brands under the new corporate umbrella: Cigna Healthcare and Evernorth Health Services. Here are the 15 officials making up the rebranded Cigna Group's executive leadership team.