The National Committee for Quality Assurance has named the best Medicare Advantage plans of 2023 based on factors that include care quality, patient satisfaction and efforts to keep improving.
The ratings were released Sept. 15 and are based on 2022 data from Medicare plans that reported HEDIS and CAHPS results to the NCQA, along with NCQA Accreditation status. Plans were rated on a zero- to five-star scale, with five being the highest rating.
In total, 471 MA plans received a rating. No MA plan received five stars this year, and the list below details the 24 plans that received 4.5 stars. The full list of ratings is here.
Best-rated Medicare Advantage plans in 2023:
- Aetna (Maine)
- Allina Health | Aetna (Minnesota)
- Capital Health Plan (Florida)
- CDPHP (New York)
- Kaiser Foundation Health Plan (Hawaii, Northwest, Colorado, Mid-Atlantic, Southern California, Northern California, Georgia and Washington)
- Medical Associates Health Plan (Iowa, Illinois and Wisconsin
- Network Health Insurance Corp. (Wisconsin)
- Preferred Care Network (Florida)
- PrimeTime Health Plan (Ohio)
- Priority Health (Michigan)
- Quartz Health Plan (Minnesota, Iowa, Illinois and Wisconsin)
- Security Health Plan (Wisconsin)
- UCare (Minnesota)
- UCare Health (Minnesota, Wisconsin)
- UPMC (Pennsylvania)