Some health systems may be dropping patients with Medicare Advantage plans, but others are continuing to expand into the MA market or are entering it for the first time in 2024.
Six health systems launching new Medicare Advantage plans:
- Livonia, Mich.-based Trinity Health is entering the Medicare Advantage market in Michigan across six counties for 2024. Trinity also offers MA coverage in Ohio, Iowa, Idaho, Connecticut and New York.
- Cleveland-based University Hospitals is launching a co-branded Medicare Advantage plan with PrimeTime Health Plan, which is operated by Canton, Ohio-based Aultman Health Foundation. The new plan will be available in three Cleveland-area counties in 2024.
- Morgantown, W.Va.-based WVU Medicine and Huntington, W.V.-based Marshall Health have partnered on a new Medicare Advantage plan through their health plan, Peak Health, with coverage to begin in 2024. Winchester, Va.-based Valley Health and Huntington, W.V.-based Mountain Health Network are minority owners in Peak Health.
- Peoria, Ill.-based OSF Healthcare and Medica are launching MA plans in seven counties in Illinois for 2024.
- Select Health, the insurance arm of Salt Lake City-based Intermountain Health, is partnering with Kroger Health on new Medicare Advantage plans in Colorado, Idaho, Nevada and Utah for 2024.