Audits from HHS' Office of Inspector General published in the first half of 2023 found over $56 million in estimated overpayments to Medicare Advantage providers.
Here are five plans audited for estimated overpayments Becker's has reported in 2023:
- Excellus BlueCross BlueShield received an estimated $5.4 million in Medicare Advantage overpayments in 2017 and 2018.
- Independence Blue Cross' Keystone Health Plan East received an estimated $11.3 million in overpayments for 2016 and 2017.
- HumanaChoice received an estimated $27.3 million in overpayments in 2015 and 2016.
- Cigna-HealthSpring Life & Health Insurance Company received an estimated $6.24 million in Medicare Advantage overpayments in 2016 and 2017.
- Geisinger Health Plan received $6.5 million in Medicare Advantage overpayments in 2016 and 2017.