20% of ACA marketplace enrollees are new to program: HHS

About 4.6 million people have signed up for health insurance through ACA marketplaces as of Nov. 18. 

Of those who have enrolled, 20% — or approximately 920,000 people — are new enrollees, according to a Nov. 21 HHS news release. The other 80% had ACA coverage in 2023 and have renewed or selected a new plan for 2024. 

Prior to the start of the open enrollment period, 1.5 million more people enrolled in marketplace coverage from March to September compared to the same period last year, according to the release. These include people who transitioned from Medicaid coverage as states resumed Medicaid and Medicaid and Children’s Health Insurance Program eligibility renewals for the first time in three years.    

The 2024 open enrollment period runs through Jan. 15 for marketplaces using the healthcare.gov platform. State-based marketplace enrollment deadlines vary

Copyright © 2024 Becker's Healthcare. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Cookie Policy. Linking and Reprinting Policy.


Top 40 articles from the past 6 months