Forbes has named 14 payers on its 2022 list of the nation's 400 best employers for women.
The ranking was created in partnership with market research firm Statista and used anonymous responses from 50,000 Americans (30,000 women and 20,000 men) working for companies with more than 1,000 employees.
All respondents rated their company based on working conditions, diversity and how likely they would be to recommend the company to others. Female respondents rated their company on parental leave, discrimination and pay equity. They were also asked to recommend companies outside their own industry. The final ranking was based on those recommendations and which companies have the most gender-diverse boards and C-suites.
Fourteen health payers named among the 400 best employers for women:
- 12th place: BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee
- 34th place: BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina
- 67th place: HealthPartners
- 107th place: Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield
- 128th place: Kaiser Permanente
- 130th place: Blue Cross Blue Shield of Nebraska
- 161st place: Humana
- 166th place: Tufts Health Plan
- 210th place: Florida Blue
- 233rd place: Health Care Service Corp.
- 246th place: Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina
- 268th place: Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
- 306th place: Highmark Health
- 352nd place: UnitedHealth Group