From Centene signing an agreement to sell Circle Health Group, to the Justice Department scrutinizing UnitedHealth Group's proposed acquisition of Amedisys, here are eight payer merger and acquisition updates Becker's has reported since June 22:
1. Centene signed an agreement Aug. 28 to sell Circle Health Group, an operator of 53 U.K. hospitals, for $1.2 billion.
2. Public hearings on Elevance Health's proposed acquisition of Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana were postponed Aug. 18 after state officials raised concerns about the sale.
3. State and federal regulators Aug. 17 approved a joint venture between CareSource and Health Alliance Plan.
4. Insurance regulators in Vermont rolled out two separate review processes for the proposed affiliation between Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont and Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan.
5. The U.K.'s Competition and Markets Authority on Aug. 11 gave UnitedHealth a provisional OK in response to the company's proposed acquisition of the health technology firm EMIS Group.
6. UnitedHealth Group's proposed $3.29 billion acquisition of home health provider Amedisys is facing scrutiny from the Justice Department, according to an Aug. 10 regulatory filing.
7. Molina Healthcare will purchase Bright Health Group's California Medicare Advantage business for $600 million, the two businesses said June 30.
8. CareSource said June 22 it plans to acquire a new affiliate, Radiant Alliance, a nonprofit organization composed of Metta Healthcare, the parent company of Ohio's Hospice and Pure Healthcare, and United Church Homes, pending regulatory approval.