The first wave of UnitedHealthcare's previously announced 20 percent reduction in prior authorization requirements takes effect Sept 1.
The remainder of the reductions will occur Nov. 1, according to an Aug. 1 post on UnitedHealthcare's website.
The prior authorization code eliminations will take place on Sept. 1 and Nov. 1 for Medicare Advantage, commercial, Oxford, and individual exchange plans. Eliminations for community plans will take place Nov. 1.
UnitedHealthcare announced March 29 it would be eliminating 20 percent of its current prior authorizations. It also said it would implement a national gold card program in 2024. The company said it will release more information about that program later this year.
See the lists of eliminated codes below:
- UnitedHealthcare commercial plans
- UnitedHealthcare Oxford plan
- UnitedHealthcare individual exchange plans
- UnitedHealthcare Medicare Advantage plans
- UnitedHealthcare community plans (Medicaid and D-SNP)