Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona appointed James Napoli, MD, its CMO.
Five things to know:
1. Dr. Napoli became interim CMO of the health insurer in March.
2. At the time, he also served as BCBSAZ's enterprise medical director for healthcare ventures and innovation.
3. Dr. Napoli is board-certified in internal medicine.
4. He has more than 10 years of clinical experience in hospital medicine and physician leadership roles at Arrowhead Hospital in Glendale, Ariz.
5. Previously, Dr. Napoli also served as a medical director for UnitedHealth Group subsidiary OptumHealth. There, he worked in the medical management and quality improvement areas for Medicare Advantage membership.
More articles on payers:
5 updates on Medicaid insurers, policies
5 updates on 'Medicare for All'
CVS stock slides on report judge will squash Aetna deal