Here are 10 articles recently published by Becker's Hospital Review on national and state news concerning Medicaid:
1. MassHealth made $1M in improper payments for meds
MassHealth, Massachusetts' Medicaid program, improperly paid for nearly $1 million in prescription medications, a state audit found.
2. 2 Florida hospitals stripped of Medicaid funds fight state budget provision
Two Florida hospitals are challenging a legislative decision that bars them from receiving Medicaid money used for training physicians.
3. What would Tennessee Medicaid look like under block grant funding?
Tennessee lawmakers approved in May a bill requiring the state to submit a plan to President Donald Trump's administration to fund its Medicaid program through a block grant. As the state prepares this plan, The Tennessean took a look into what a block grant is and how it could transform Medicaid.
4. Wyoming floats using Medicaid program to stop massive air ambulance bills
Wyoming officials are seeking a regulatory approach that aims to end high air ambulance bills.
5. CMS orders Minnesota to repay misused Medicaid funds
CMS is seeking to recoup Medicaid money that Minnesota improperly used to fund treatment for mentally ill or chemically dependent people.
6. Alaska governor OKs $77M in cuts to state Medicaid spending, dental benefits
Alaska Gov. Mike Dunleavy vetoed Medicaid funding from the state's fiscal year 2020 budget.
7. Alabama psychologist to plead guilty to $1.5M Medicaid fraud
A psychologist in Birmingham, Ala., will plead guilty to falsely billing the state's Medicaid program for services that weren't performed, according to the U.S. Justice Department.
8. Aetna apologizes for Kansas Medicaid contract lapses, shakes up regional leadership
Aetna has apologized to Kansas lawmakers after the state threatened to terminate the Hartford, Conn.-based insurer's Medicaid contract for failing on the $1 billion annual agreement.
9. Aetna, Centene file protest against Louisiana's picks to manage its Medicaid program
Aetna and Centene subsidiary Louisiana Healthcare Connections, who lost bids to help manage Louisiana's Medicaid program, filed protests against the state's decision Aug. 19.
10. Humana secures Louisiana Medicaid contract
The Louisiana Department of Health has selected Humana as one of four Medicaid managed care organizations that it will contract with for Medicaid benefits and services.
More articles on payers:
Aetna ushers in new Kansas leadership with Medicaid contract in jeopardy
What 5 physician execs have to say to other MDs seeking payer leadership roles
This Medicare Advantage insurer is nearing $1B in revenue — CEO John Kao explains how