McMurray, Pa.-based data analytics company Mark Farrah Associates conducted an assessment of private-sector health insurance businesses in the New York City area.
The company analyzed data from tax forms filed annually by large private-sector employers to draw its conclusions, a July 28 news release said.
- The top insurers competing for health insurance market share in New York City include UnitedHealth, Anthem, Cigna and CVS.
- Anthem's top New York City customer in 2019 was Fedcap Rehabilitation Services.
- Cigna's largest customer in 2019 was McKinsey & Co.
- CVS' largest customer from 2016-19 was Tata America International Corp.
- UnitedHealth's largest customer was Relx.