Prominence Health Plan named Kamal Jemmoua CEO, effective immediately.
Five things to know:
1. As CEO, Mr. Jemmoua will continue to grow the health plan and its new value-based care ventures, including building a physician-led ACO.
2. Mr. Jemmoua joined the health plan's parent company, King of Prussia, Pa.-based Universal Health Services, in 2013. He oversaw its acquisition of Prominence Health Plan in 2014.
3. He helped lead Prominence Health Plan as COO before taking the CEO role. During his time as COO, the health plan launched a Medicare Advantage business in Nevada and Texas.
4. Additionally, Mr. Jemmoua helped launch five ACOs within the UHS Acute Care division.
5. Before he entered the healthcare field, Mr. Jemmoua served various financial roles with Delphi Financial Group and SEI Investments.