Cigna staffed the team who will lead a combined Cigna-Express Scripts company after the close of the firms' proposed $52 billion deal.
Here are three things to know:
1. Cigna's CEO David Cordani will serve as president and CEO of the combined company, as previously announced. Tim Wentworth, Express Scripts' president and CEO, will lead the health services business as president of Express Scripts and Cigna services.
2. The other leaders include:
- Eric Palmer, CFO
- Mark Boxer, CIO
- Steven Miller, MD, chief clinical officer
- Brian Evanko, president of U.S. government business
- Nicole Jones, general counsel
- Matthew Manders, president of strategy and solutions
- John Murabito, chief human resources officer
- Lisa Bacus, chief marketing officer
- Jason Sadler, president of international markets
- Michael Triplett, president of U.S. commercial business
3. Cigna and Express Scripts' proposed merger gained approval from the Department of Justice's Antitrust Division Sept. 17.
More articles on payers:
Physicians say BCBS of Georgia has denied hundreds of patients' ER claims: 'This puts patients in a terrible position'
UnitedHealth buys pharmacy company Genoa Healthcare for $2.5B
Is Oregon's Medicaid reform plan working? 4 things to know