Humana has a new space dedicated to digital health in Boston, according to CNBC.
Five things to know about the digital hub, called Studio H:
1. Humana announced its plans to build Studio H in August 2018.
2. Former financial tech executive Heather Cox is Studio H's first chief digital health and analytics officer.
3. Ms. Cox has already hired 75 developers in Boston during the past six months. During the next five years, Humana intends to create up to 300 jobs through the venture.
4. One of Studio H's first digital projects was building out new virtual primary care services in partnership with Doctor on Demand. The companies are set to launch virtual primary care services for small business plans in 2020.
5. Humana is hoping its proximity to other Boston startups and tech research giants like MIT will help it better compete with rivals also expanding into the digital space.
More articles on payers:
General Motors cuts health plan for 50,000 striking employees
Massachusetts hospital president: BCBS putting profits over patients
UnitedHealth confirms $3.2B Equian deal