BlueCross BlueShield health plans received the highest customer service ranking among other commercial plans across 10 regions in the U.S., according to J.D. Power's 12th annual survey.
The Commercial Member Health Plan Study examines satisfaction among 33,342 members of 163 health plans in 22 regions throughout the U.S. J.D. Power ranks satisfaction by six measures: coverage and benefits; provider choice; information and communication; claims processing; cost; and customer service.
Here are the health plans that ranked No. 1 in their respective regions. They are listed below in alphabetical order, with region noted in parentheses.
1. Anthem BlueCross BlueShield of Connecticut (Northeast)
2. Anthem BlueCross BlueShield of Nevada (Southwest)
3. Anthem BlueCross BlueShield of Ohio (Ohio)
4. AvMed (Florida)
5. BlueCross and BlueShield of Alabama (East South Central)
6. BlueCross BlueShield of Kansas (Heartland)
7. BlueCross BlueShield of Massachusetts (Massachusetts)
8. BlueCross BlueShield of Michigan (Michigan)
9. BlueCross BlueShield of Texas (Texas)
10. Capital District Physicians' Health Plan (New York)
11. Cigna (Delaware/West Virginia/Washington, D.C.)
12. HealthPartners (Minnesota-Wisconsin)
13. Health Alliance Medical Plans (Illinois-Indiana)
14. Horizon BlueCross BlueShield (New Jersey)
15. Kaiser Foundation Health Plan (California, Colorado, Maryland, Northwest, South Atlantic, Virginia)
16. Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Utah (Mountain)
17. UPMC Health Plan (Pennsylvania)
More articles on payer issues:
5 things to know about Kaiser's health plan
CareFirst promotes COO to CEO: 5 things to know
Molina Healthcare CFO Joseph White to retire; Thomas Tran to take over