Health insurers Cigna and Oscar partnered Jan. 13 to provide commercial health solutions to small businesses.
Five things to know:
1. Under the Cigna + Oscar brand, the insurers will provide fully insured health benefits to the small group market.
2. Pending regulatory approval, the benefits will launch in select markets this year and include medical, behavioral and pharmacy services.
3. Individual members will get a concierge team to help them navigate their benefits.
4. Cigna + Oscar will offer 24/7 telemedicine at no charge.
5. Both insurers plan to share risk under a reinsurance agreement for solutions offered through the partnership, and hope the relationship will expand over time.