Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas will open 10 advanced primary care medical centers in Dallas and Houston under a partnership with global primary care provider Sanitas.
Five things to know:
1. The clinics will open Jan. 1, 2020.
2. Services such as primary care, urgent care, lab and diagnostic imaging, care coordination, and disease management programs will be available at the medical centers.
3. Some of the medical centers will be open every day during the year, and every clinic will have longer weekday and weekend hours.
4. BCBS members, self-pay patients and Medicare recipients will be able to access the medical centers.
5. Dan McCoy, MD, president of BCBSTX, said in a prepared statement, "We believe that this partnership will advance primary care services and is an effective approach to providing quality healthcare outcomes, improving member engagement and experience, and lowering costs for our members, including populations that may have difficulty accessing care."