Indianapolis-based Anthem named Hongmai (Mai) Pham, MD, vice president of provider alignment solutions beginning in May.
Here are five things to know about Dr. Pham.
1. Dr. Pham will be responsible for the payer's value-based payment arrangements with physicians and hospitals.
2. She recently served as chief innovation officer for the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Innovation, of which she is a founding official.
3. She was senior health researcher and co-director of research at the Center for Studying Health System Change and Mathematica, an independent health policy organization.
4. Dr. Pham is a general internist.
5. She received her undergraduate degree from Cambridge, Mass.-based Harvard University, her medical degree from Philadelphia-based Temple University and her master's degree in public health from Baltimore-based Johns Hopkins University.