Here are five data breaches payers recently reported:
1. Vision and dental insurer Dominion National is notifying an unknown number of members of a data security incident that may have caused personal information to be exposed.
2. An employee at Independent Health emailed the information of 7,600 members on March 19 to an unauthorized individual.
3. Blue Cross of Idaho notified members of a March 21 data breach that allowed an unauthorized user to gain access to the organization's online provider portal.
4. Humana told 522 members that a limited amount of their personal data may have been exposed during a data security incident at the beginning of 2019.
5. Health Alliance Plan and Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan alerted nearly 270,000 members combined that their personal information may have been compromised after a data breach at the payers' mailing service vendor.