Here are 10 articles recently published by Becker's Hospital Review on national and state news concerning Medicaid.
1. CMS approves Maryland's Medicaid waiver: 3 things to know
CMS gave Maryland the OK to amend its Medicaid program beginning March 18 through Dec. 31, 2021.
2. Republican-led states pursue Medicaid changes: 7 things to know
Republican-led states are ramping up their efforts alongside President Donald Trump's administration to implement Medicaid changes including work requirements, block grants and drug testing.
3. Arizona Medicaid alerts 3,100 enrollees of privacy breach
Officials within Arizona's Medicaid program reportedly sent personal health information of 3,146 patients to incorrect home addresses.
4. MACPAC seeks more gradual phase in of Medicaid DSH cuts
The Medicaid and CHIP Payment and Access Commission's March report to Congress recommends phasing in Medicaid disproportionate share hospital cuts more gradually over a longer period.
5. Missouri weighs Medicaid overhaul as spending climbs
Medicaid spending in Missouri accounted for 17 percent of the state's revenue in 2009. In 2018, the state's Medicaid spending grew to 24 percent, and it's on track to equal 26 percent of revenue by 2023 if left untouched.
6. HHS, states discuss instituting Medicaid block grants without Congress
HHS Secretary Alex Azar said his department and some states are in ongoing discussions about transforming Medicaid into a block grant program without the approval of federal lawmakers.
7. Trump officials, Kentucky governor defend Medicaid work requirements
Federal and Kentucky officials are throwing support behind a Medicaid proposal that would enact work requirements for beneficiaries.
8. CHIP, other child health programs see enrollment fall nearly 600,000
Enrollment in the Children's Health Insurance Program and child-focused Medicaid programs declined almost 600,000 in the first 11 months of 2018.
9. Hospitals in 15 states could take financial hit from Medicaid work requirements
Hospitals in states that mandate work requirements as a condition of Medicaid coverage could see reduced revenues, increased uncompensated care costs and smaller operating margins.
10. New York governor adjusts Medicaid reduction plans amid federal budget proposal
New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo is adjusting his Medicaid funding proposal after additional cuts were made in President Donald Trump's budget plan for fiscal year 2020.