Here are 10 updates on Humana's recent expansions, business decisions and lawsuits reported by Becker's Hospital Review in the past few months.
1. Humana sets up digital shop in Boston: 5 things to know
Humana has a new space dedicated to digital health in Boston.
2. Humana names retail CEO to its board
Humana named Karen Katz, former president and CEO of retailer Neiman Marcus Group, to its board of directors.
3. Humana CEO: Competition, innovation key to lowering drug prices
Humana CEO Bruce Broussard told CNBC that increasing competition and innovation among drugmakers is the best way to cut drug costs.
4. Humana co-founder, longtime CEO dies at 88
One of Humana's longtime CEOs and co-founder David Jones died Sept. 18 at age 88.
5. Humana is deploying robots to coach empathy
Robots are reminding 1,700 employees at Humana Pharmacy's call center to be more compassionate.
6. Humana expands primary care network
Humana added 11 more primary care practices to its Medicare Advantage network in Arizona, Georgia and Texas through an expanded partnership with Iora Health.
7. 1,200 McLaren providers join Humana's network
Grand Blanc, Mich.-based McLaren Physician Partners signed an agreement to join Humana's provider network for Medicare Advantage members who use McLaren Health Care hospitals and outpatient centers.
8. Humana completes $1B debt offering
Humana completed its public offering of $1 billion in senior notes Aug. 15.
9. Humana sues Mallinckrodt over '97,500%' increase in gel price
Humana filed a lawsuit against Mallinckrodt, alleging the drugmaker partook in "one of the most outrageous price-gouging schemes in the history of American medicine."
10. Humana secures Louisiana Medicaid contract
The Louisiana Department of Health has selected Humana as one of four Medicaid managed care organizations that it will contract with for Medicaid benefits and services.
More articles on payers:
BCBS of North Carolina CEO charged with DWI, child abuse after car crash
General Motors cuts health plan for 50,000 striking employees
10 states with least competitive insurance markets